When talking about the top brands for multimeters and other electronic products, this brand is one of America’s bests. It was established in Washington in 1948 by John Fluke.The innovation system for their multimeters is always high-rated. From automotive to electric diagnosis, you can be sure to have a Fluke digital multimeter for that.
Their brand is well-loved for its precision, durability, heavy-duty use, and multi-range features. Other products from Fluke include wireless thermal meters and digital logging devices. Fluke digital multimeters can be bought in online stores and in their physical shops.
- Location: Everett, Washington
- Company type: manufacturing, wholesale, designer, developer
- Year founded: 1948
- The number of employees: 2,000-2,500
- Main product: electrical analyzers, digital multimeters, thermal imagers, resistance testers
- Other products: electrical systems, test meters for HVAC, air quality, and biomedical field.
This multimeter brand is a native of Long Island, New York in 1948. It became famous for its long clamp meter and became a patented brand in 1950. They are considered the first innovator of the wire tracer and the clamp meter.
Being around the multimeter for the last seven decades, it has established itself as a reputable brand for almost 500 products, distributed around the world. Aside from its reliable and heavy-duty multimeter products, they also manufacture other electrical test tools for commercial and residential buildings.
- Location: New York (origin), Washington (present headquarters)
- Company type: Design, manufacturing, trade and export
- Year founded: 1948
- The number of employees: 700-1500
- Main product: digital multimeter, clamp meter
- Other products: industry-specific tools (electric services, HVAC service, repair, and maintenance)
When it comes to multimeter brand reputation, Klein is always a must-list. It has been in the market since 1857, founded by Mathias Klein in Illinois. Consistent reviews of reliability made Klein Tools one of the best US brands when it comes to voltmeter and digital multimeter, among others.
Some of the strengths of Klein-manufactured multimeters would be their products’ precise data logging, diode tests, and numerous electrical applications both for residential and commercial establishments.
- Location: Lincolnshire, Illinois
- Company type: manufacturing, wholesale, designer
- Year founded: 1857
- The number of employees: 380-1000
- Main product: digital multimeters, professional hand tools
- Other products: occupational protective tools and equipment
Another top US brand for digital multimeters would be Keysight Technologies. It was founded in 1934 in Palo Alto, California, by the same tandem which brought us HP. As a digital multimeter brand, it is well-loved for its accuracy, updated applications, and usefulness when it comes to design.
The screen resolution and the ergonomic control panel of their multimeters are also the primary reasons why it is one of the most recommended brands by electricians and technicians when it comes to multimeters. They also feature a beginner’s series of digital multimeters for those who prefer DIY troubleshooting.
- Location: Palo Alto, California
- Company type: manufacturing, designer, developer
- Year founded: 1934
- The number of employees: 12,000-14,500
- Main product: digital multimeters, electronics and radio parts, service, maintenance and repair
- Other products: automotive, industrial equipment, analytical software
This one is a US firm, established in 1971 incorporated in Boston. In its 45 years in the business, it has majorly focused on test, inspection, and measurement tools including digital multimeters. As such, they are a major US brand for all types of testing ranging from environmental, safety, maintenance, electrical, and mechanical applications.
Other well-rated products by Extech include data loggers, calibrators, detectors, and borescopes. Although it has been acquired by FLIR in 2007, the multimeter and data logger products of this brand remain to be packaged as Extech.
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Company type: Manufacturing, wholesale distributor
- Year founded: 1971
- The number of employees: 50-150
- Main product: digital multimeters, non-contact voltage testers, current testers moisture meters
- Other products: Pedometers, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, pressure meters.
The INNOVA Electronics Corporation was built in 1982 in Irvine, California. It focuses on research and development and information technology but their multimeter products are now mainly produced for automotive diagnosis.
When it comes to their digital multimeters, the 3300 line has been the most celebrated. Price-wise, INNOVA manufactures one of the most affordable digital multimeter lines which you can purchase online and in physical stores.
- Location: Irvine, California
- Company type: Manufacturing, wholesale distributor, design
- Year founded: 1982
- The number of employees: 100-400
- Main product: digital and mechanical multimeters, timing lights, OBD1 tools
- Other products: diagnostic scan equipment for automotive service
This brand is often mistaken as a Chinese brand because of its extensive reach in the ASEAN region and the number of facilities it has in China. Mastech was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1986. Now, it has 12 subsidiary companies and around 1500 employees.
It is a digital transformation company, offering a wide range of information technology products including multimeters. Their multimeter line is considered as one of the high-end ones but their function and professional-grade live up to the Mastech name.
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Company type: Manufacturing, developer, design, consulting and outsourcing
- Year founded: 1986
- The number of employees: 1500+
- Main product: Digital and IT services and products
- Other products: Web and enterprise services
It might be a new digital multimeter brand in the US, but it has been one of the highest-rated in the last seven years. It was founded in 2016 in Garden Grove, California. Its digital multimeter line is focused on automotive and engine testing. Aside from their efficient yet affordable digital multimeters, they also have well-rated tire inflators, snow brushes, tire pressure gauges, car refrigerators, and other automotive needs.
They have long expanded to different parts of the US, extending to Mexico and other American territories. They have also reaped major awards and high brand recognition in the field of automotive.
- Location: Garden Grove, California
- Company type: Manufacturing, wholesale distribution
- Year founded: 2016
- The number of employees: 50-200
- Main product: Digital multimeter, automotive service and maintenance products
- Other products: Household and other outdoor products
This brand has been around for 150 years as it was established in 1892 in Rockford, Illinois. It has four major subsidiary companies and is under the management of Textron and Emerson Electric as its parent organizations. Its main products range from hand and power tools, and mowing and garden equipment.
One of its latest products would be digital multimeters which are designed for accurate electric flow diagnosis in residential and commercial establishments. Their digital multimeters are relatively cheap but the accuracy, longevity, and overall performance are at par with high-end ones.
- Location: Rockford, Illinois
- Company type: Manufacturing, wholesale distribution
- Year founded: 1892
- The number of employees: 35,000+
- Main product: Hand tools, measuring equipment, testers and multimeters
- Other products: Other electrical equipment and industrial tools
When it comes to reaching, this digital multimeter brand is one of the most distributed in the world. It distributes to more than 30 countries including the US and in Europe such as in the Netherlands, Russia, and Germany. They are a wholesaler of electrical instruments which includes digital clamp meters and multimeters as well as other measuring tools like infrared thermometers.
- Location: China
- Company type: Manufacturing, wholesale trade
- Year founded: 1984
- The number of employees: 100-500
- Main product: digital multimeters, clamp meters
- Other products: Clamp meters, Smart socket tester, Voltage Detector, Coating thickness gauge, Infrared thermometers